Code Enforcement - Janelle Dodd
The City of Florence is very active in keeping our city clean and safe for all to enjoy. Code enforcement is responsible for enforcing municipal ordinances and codes regarding city-owned and private property within the city limits.
The most common ordinances that are enforced are:
- Unsightly vehicles and unsightly vehicle parts.
- Undesirable growth (weeds) Accumulation of trash, debris, animal feces
- Abandonment of appliances, vehicles, etc.
- Parking of trailers, campers, and motor homes.
The process for enforcing the ordinance violations include:
- The initial complaint (from a citizen or observed by officer)
- A letter advising the owner of the violation, allowing 10 days to comply.
- A second and FINAL notice sent allowing 10 additional days.
- The city will bid the clean up to an outside contractor.
(A lien on the property, summons and fines may be imposed at that time.)
The City of Florence has local volunteers, groups and charity organizations that can assist in clean up for the handicapped, elderly, etc.
To report a code violation, contact Janelle Dodd at 719-784-4848 ext 226, or email her at email@example.com.