Lake Estes Boating Regulations
- All boats (motorized and non-motorized watercraft) put on Lake Estes are required to have a Lake Estes boat permit (available at the Lake Estes Marina Store, 1770 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, Colorado).
- No boat shall launch from any point other than the designated launch area on the north side of the lake next to the marina.
- All boat owners must meet insurance requirements as outlined in the Lake Estes Boat Permit Application.
- All boats are required to meet Colorado boating statutes and regulations.
- No boating will be allowed before daylight or after dark.
- No person shall enter closed areas.
- Non-motorized boats have the right-of-way over motorized boats at all times.
- A wakeless speed shall be maintained for all motorized boats at all times. *
- Boats shall stay at least 50 feet from shore (other than when beaching) any time there are people fishing from shore.
- Estes Valley Recreation and Park District may revoke any permit at the sole discretion of Lake Estes Marina management.
- No person shall harass another or display or discharge a firearm on or about Lake Estes.
Swimming is NOT ALLOWED on Lake Estes.
Jet skis are NOT ALLOWED on Lake Estes.
Ice fishing is NOT ALLOWED on Lake Estes.
* Exceptions to this rule: Waterskiing is allowed on Lake Estes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings (5 p.m. until dark) during May, June, July, August and September, with the exception of July 4th. All persons wishing to utilize the lake in this manner must check with management at the marina store.