Registration Occupational License - Racing
- The State of Colorado requires a Registration Occupational License issued by the Division of Racing Events in order to work at the racetrack and race in Colorado.
- Registration Occupational Licenses are valid for one year.
HOW TO GET A LICENSE:
- Obtain a Registration Occupational License by completing and submitting the requred information and forms (found below) to the Division of Racing Events at 1707 Cole Blvd. Suite 350, Lakewood, CO 80401.
- Renewal license applications may be completed in person at Arapahoe Park (during the racemeet), or by submitting the required information and forms to the Division of Racing Events Offices.
- PLEASE NOTE: the Division of Racing Events performs a background check for each licensee, which may have a completion time of up to 1 week. We recommend submitting applications and renewals to our Division Offices prior to your arrival at Arapahoe Park. This may help expedite the process in the Licensing Office on grounds.
Application Fee: $15
Registration licenses are valid for one (1) year.
WHO NEEDS A REGISTRATION LICENSE?
|Animal Tattooer||Jockey Room Custodian||Plant/Track Superintendent|
|Announcer||Jockey Valet||Pony Person|
|Assistant OTB Manager||Kennel Helper||Racing Form Employee|
|Brakeperson||Kennel Master||Restaurant Employee|
|Concession Employee||Match/Stake Races||Tack Shop Employee|
|Corporate Agent||Nurse/EMT||Temporary Tote Operator|
|Exercise Rider||Office Person||Temporary Tote Technician|
|Fair Circuit||Outrider||Track Superintendent|
|Facility OTB Manager||Photo Operator||Trainee|
|Head Leadout||Plant Superintendent||Video Technician|
**Note: An Occupational Registration is considered a public benefit. Under Colorado law, persons applying for a public benefit must establish lawful presence in the United States by providing certain types of identification and submitting a signed affidavit. The Lawful Presence Affidavit must accompany the Registration Occupational Application form.