Ownership Change applications are governed by the following Laws & Regulations. Colorado Revised Statutes may be found on the Secretary of State website.
- 12-6-104 (3) (g) (6), (7), (8) – Application Requirements, Regulation
- C.R.S. 12-6-104 (3) (g)
- C.R.S. 12-6-505 (1) (g)
- 12-6-505 (1) (g), Regulation
DR 2167 – Notice of Ownership Change. See this form for instructions and documents.
- Before proceeding with an ownership change, determine that your change of ownership is not a change of entity. See Change of Entity
- Failure to provide complete “Information to be Reported” in your notification letter may result in a rejection or delay in processing.
- Any transfer of any percentage amount of the ownership or membership interest of any corporation, limited liability company, or limited liability partnership, holding a license under the provisions of this article shall be reported to the Board within 10 days of such transfer. Reporting requirements on stock transfers apply if the corporation is not subject to the reporting requirements of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. (public corporations)
- Dealer Board Discretion: When ownership is being transferred to a new owner, the Dealer Board may request a financial statement on the licensed entity as of the date of transfer. A background investigation, including a credit bureau check, of the new owner may be conducted to determine fitness of such owner.
- Failure to complete all sections of the application may result in a rejection or delay in processing.
*Note this form can also be found in the Forms and Publications section of this website.
If you have additional questions, call our main number: 303-205-5604 or e-mail your question to: email@example.com