Ownership Change applications are governed by the following Laws & Regulations.
Statutes in general related to the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board can be found by looking for Title 44, Article 20, here: http://www.lexisnexis.com/
Regulations in general related to the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board can be found here:
- C.R.S. 44-20-119 (6) - Ownership Change Requirements
- C.R.S. 44-20-418 (5) - Ownership Change Requirements
- C.R.S. 44-20-118 (8) - Fingerprinting Requirement
- C.R.S. 44-20-417 (8) - Finger Printing Requirement
- C.R.S. 44-20-104 (3)(h) - Application Requirements
- Regulation 44-20-104 (3)(h) - Application Requirements
- C.R.S 44-20-404 (2)(b) - Application Requirements
- Regulation 44-20-404 (2)(b) - Application Requirements
DR 2016 – Change of Ownership Application See this form for instructions and documents.
- Any transfer of any percentage amount of the ownership or membership interest of any corporation, limited liability company, or limited liability partnership, holding a license under the provisions of this article shall be reported to the Board within 10 days of such transfer. Reporting requirements on stock transfers apply if the corporation is not subject to the reporting requirements of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. (public corporations)
To be approved by the board to hold an ownership interest in a licensed business entity, the new owner must demonstrate the qualifications necessary for licensing, including a fingerprint-based criminal history record check, in accordance with this part 1.
Verification of Fingerprints - Provide a receipt or confirmation from a 3rd party vendor OR two (2) fingerprint cards and the Verification of Fingerprints form (DR 2197). Visit the Verification of Fingerprints page of this website for specific requirements that must be met by all applicants. Fingerprints are not required for additional or renewal applications.
If you have additional questions, call our main number: 303-205-5604 or e-mail your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org