MED Third-Party Fingerprint Service
As of November 1, 2018, due to a statutory mandate, the Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) has modified its fingerprinting process and will no longer accept hard copy fingerprint cards for MED licensing background checks - this will only affect you if you are not planning to come to a MED office to have your fingerprints taken.
If you plan to submit your fingerprints via a third-party vendor you may only do so using the CBI approved vendor: IdentoGO. To be clear, any hard-copy fingerprint cards received by MED on or after November 1, 2018, WILL NOT be accepted as they will no longer be processed by CBI.
If you have already had your fingerprints taken at a third-party vendor using a hard copy fingerprint card please have them delivered or mailed to our Lakewood office immediately – 1707 Cole Blvd. Suite 300, Lakewood, CO 80401, please include the appropriate MED application form with your fingerprint packet.
If you choose to submit digital scans of your fingerprints via IdentoGo:
- You will be required to submit a$49.50 processing fee; $39.50 actual cost fee and a $10.00 service fee,
- You will be able to choose a location and make an appointment to have your fingerprints scanned at one of the IdentoGO sites across the county,
- You will receive a receipt from IdentoGo which you must include in your application packet, and
- You may subtract $39.50 from your application fee as you will have already paid the cost of the background check to CBI via IdentoGO
Keep in mind that you can have your fingerprints taken at any of our MED offices with no additional $10.00 processing fee.
Affected license/registrant applications include:
- New Associated Keys Applicants (resident and non-resident),
- Renewing Associated Keys that did not submit fingerprints in 2017
- Pre-Suitability Applicants,
- Financial Declarations Registrants,
- Indirect Beneficial Interest Owner Applicants, or
- Permitted Economic Investor Applicants
How to use the IdentoGO site:
- Enter the MED Digital Finger Print Code 25YGBJ (this code is not case sensitive)
- Select or Manage Appointment, (Do Not take the last option which allows for the submission of a Hard Copy fingerprint card as we cannot ensure it will be processed by CBI)
- Respond to the first three questions provided - answering "No" to the third question,
- Respond "Yes" to the fourth question "Would you like to locate the IdentoGo Enrollment Center nearest you?"
- Provide required personal information such as height, weight, hair color, eye color, preferred language, gender, and race.
- Provide a mailing address,
- Provide a Postal Code, City and State, or Airport Code to search for a location to make an appointment to have your fingerprints scanned
- You will be expected to pay the $49.50 fee at your appointment.
- Once your fingerprints are scanned they will be sent directly to CBI,
- Remember to get a receipt - keep a copy of the receipt and send a copy with your application packet.