When the legislature passes laws, state agencies adopt administrative rules and regulations to interpret and enforce those laws. Executive departments and agencies of Colorado adopt, amend, and repeal regulations under the authority granted to them by the state legislature. The State Administrative Procedure Act governs this general rulemaking process. Administrative rules carry the weight of law, and noncompliance can result in citations, fines, or other consequences (such as losing a license). You may wish to talk to an attorney or other legal counsel to determine your obligations and risk.
Notice of Permanent Rulemaking Hearing, August 30, 2019
Emergency Rules Adopted, Effective August 1, 2019
- Adoption Order and Combined Medical and Retail Marijuana Rules 100 & 200 Series, Clean Version
- Adoption Order and Combined Medical and Retail Marijuana Rules 100 & 200 Series, Redline Version
Note the emergency rules only include Medical and Retail Rules that were repealed, revised, or newly adopted as of August 1, 2019. Medical and Retail Marijuana Rules not included in the Emergency Rules remain in effect - see the following permanent rules:
CCR 212-1 Medical Marijuana Rules:
Permanent Medical Marijuana Rules, Effective January 1, 2019
1 CCR 212-2 Retail Marijuana Rules:
Permanent Retail Marijuana Rules, Effective January 1, 2019
- To see a Table of Content of the rules click on the bookmark symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
Medical and Retail Marijuana Universal Symbol Examples:
- For Packaging/Labeling for all types of Medical and Retail Marijuana
- For Edible Medical Marijuana-Infused Product and Retail Marijuana Product
These copies of the rules are provided as a convenience to the public by the Colorado Department of Revenue and do not constitute an official publication. The official version of these rules is published by the Office of the Secretary of State in the Colorado Code of Regulations and may be obtained from the Colorado Secretary of State's website.
Federal Regulations referenced in Rules M 103 and R 103:
- 16 C.F.R. 1700.15 (1995): https://www.govinfo.g
ov/content/pkg/CFR-2018-title1 6-vol2/pdf/CFR-2018-title16-vo l2-sec1700-15.pdf
- 16 C.F.R. 1700.20 (1995): https://www.govinfo.go
v/content/pkg/CFR-2018-title16-title16-vol -vol2/pdf/CFR-2018 2-sec1700-20.pdf
Visit our MED 2019 Rulemaking webpage for information regarding our current rulemaking process.
Visit the DOR Rulemaking webpage for additional information on the Rulemaking Process.
Visit the Colorado Secretary of State's Website to see the complete history of the Marijuana Enforcement Divisions Rules