MED Application and Licensing
Statement of Understanding
When the Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) accepts an application for a Business or Individual License, each applicant must read, initial and sign a MED Statement of Understanding specific to the type of application submitted. This document serves as an agreement between the individual and MED that, upon receipt of a MED Business or Individual License, the holder of the license will comply with all applicable Colorado statute and regulations.
All initial licensing applicants are required to visit a MED Office in so that their fingerprints may be taken with the submission of their application:
- Occupational license applicants may visit any of the four MED offices to submit an application
- Owner/Investors are required to visit the Lakewood Office
- All Business License applicants are required to visit the Lakewood Office
- Only the Denver Office can accept cash payments, which must be made in exact change
- The Colorado Springs, Grand Junction and Longmont offices can only accept checks or money orders
- No third-party checks can be accepted
- Retail Marijuana Local Authority fees may only be paid with a check or money order
- No MED office can accept credit card payments
- The MED will not accept checks that are not pre-printed by the financial institutional (for example temporary bank checks for new accounts). Hand-written financial institution information is NOT acceptable.
Fee Schedule, May 2017