Fingerprint Requirements on New Applications
In 2017, the Colorado legislature passed a law requiring the submission of fingerprints with applications for licenses. This requirement does not pertain to license renewal applications.
Effective March 1, 2018, an application will not be accepted for processing unless the fingerprinting requirement has been met. To meet this requirement, you have a few options:
- Get fingerprinted at the Auto Industry Division (1697 Cole Blvd, Suite 200A, Lakewood, CO 80401) from 9AM-3PM, Monday-Friday.
- Applicant must be present with photo ID to submit fingerprints
- Get fingerprinted through the Colorado Background Applicant Services (CABS) program. (Learn more at https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/employment-backgroundchecks)
- Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com/workflows/25YGF1 for Motor Vehicle Dealer licenses (Service Code 25YGF1) or
- Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com/workflows/25YGGG for Powersport Vehicle Dealer licenses (Service Code 25YGGG)
- Locate a center near you, schedule an appointment, and visit the center to obtain fingerprints
- For those who have their fingerprints taken at a local law enforcement agency, you will need to submit your fingerprint hard card directly to AID, or have the prints electronically scanned by the CABS program at http://uenroll.identogo.com.
In both cases, you will then need to submit a complete license application to the Auto Industry Division and make one check payable to CDOR for $39.50 (fingerprinting submission fee) + the fee for your license type.