Fingerprint Requirements on New Applications
In 2017 the Colorado Legislature passed a law requiring the submission of fingerprints with applications for licenses. This requirement does not pertain to License Renewal Applications.
Effective March 1, 2018, an application will not be accepted for processing unless the fingerprinting requirement has been met. To meet this requirement, you have a few options:
- Get fingerprinted at the Auto Industry Division (1881 Pierce St., Suite 112, Lakewood, CO) from 9AM-3PM, Monday-Friday.
- Applicant must be present with photo ID to submit fingerprints
- Get fingerprinted at any sheriff’s office or police department.
- Make an appointment with that agency
- Bring a photo ID and DOR Verification of Fingerprints form (DR-2197)
- Pay an agency fee for fingerprinting services (fees vary for each agency, visit their website for more information)
- Get two (2) fingerprint cards from the agency and have the agency complete the DOR Verification of Fingerprint form (DR-2197), attach these to your completed license application when submitting to the Auto Industry Division
In both cases, you will then need to submit a complete license application to the Auto Industry Division and make one check payable to CDOR for $39.50 (fingerprinting submission fee) + the fee for your license type.