Entity Change - Auto Industry Division
Change of Entity applications are governed by the following Laws & Regulations. Colorado Revised Statutes may be found on the Secretary of State website.
- C.R.S. 12-6-104 (3) (g) – Application Requirements
- 12-6-104 (3) (g) (14)– Application Requirements, Regulation
- C.R.S. 12-6-105 (1) (e)
- 12-6-105 (1) (e), Regulation
- 12-6-505 (1) (g) (2), Regulation
The required forms can be found on this website. Click on the links below:
- Dealer/Wholesaler Application Packet Forms
- Powersports Dealer/Wholesaler Application Packet Forms
Anytime an existing Dealer changes from one form of operating entity to another, a new application must be completed with all the required forms, financial information and fee. A new bond is also required for the new entity. The new application must meet the current Dealer Board guidelines for financial fitness and background.
An operating entity refers to the business type: individual, partnership, LLC or corporation.
Partnerships: If you are adding or deleting a partner or partners, this action dissolves the "original" partnership and forms a "new" partnership.
Failure to complete all sections of the application may result in a rejection or delay in processing.
- Individual changing to a partnership
- Individual changing to a corporation
- Individual changing to a Limited Liability corporation
- Partnership changing to corporation
- Partnership changing to Limited Liability Company
- Partnership adding or deleting a partner or partners
- Limited Liability Company changing to an individual
- Limited Liability Company changing to a partnership
- Limited Liability Company changing to a corporation
- Corporation changing to an individual
- Corporation changing to a partnership
- Corporation changing to a Limited Liability company
See current fiscal year Fee Schedule
If you have additional questions, call our main number: 303-205-5604 or e-mail your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org