Business License Applicant Criteria - Retail Marijuana
- Must be 21 years of age;
- Must be a Colorado resident for at least one year immediately prior to date of application or share ownership with a Colorado resident that has been a resident for at least one year immediately prior to date of application;
May not have any Controlled Substance felony conviction in the ten years immediately preceding his or her application date or five years from May 28, 2013, whichever is longer*;
May not have any other felony convictions that have not been fully discharged for five years immediately preceding his or her application date;
May not be financed in whole or in part by any other person whose criminal history indicates he or she is not a good moral character after considering the factors in section C.R.S. 24-5-101 (2) and reputation satisfactory to the respective licensing authority;
May not have a criminal history that indicates that he or she is not of good moral character after considering the factors in C.R.S. 24-5-101 (2);
May not employ, be assisted by or financed in whole in in part by any other person whose criminal history indicates he or she is not of good character and reputation;
May not be a sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, prosecuting officer or be an employee of a local or State Licensing Authority; and
May not employ any person at the Retail Marijuana business that has not passed a criminal history record check (obtained a MED Occupational or Associated Person license).
Additionally, you must confirm that the Local Authority where you plan to open allows Medical Marijuana facilities operate within their jurisdiction; Local Authorities that have advised the MED that they are currently accepting marijuana business license applications.
- Retail Marijuana Store: the facility from which any individual twenty-one years of age or older may purchase retail marijuana. Retail Marijuana may not be cultivated or processed under this license.
- Retail Marijuana Product Manufacturing: a facility which manufactures retail marijuana products and concentrates. Retail Marijuana may not be cultivated or sold to retail customers under this license.
- Retail Marijuana Cultivation: used exclusively for the cultivation of Retail Marijuana plants and the harvesting of Retail Marijuana. If not associated with a Product Manufacturer this licensee may sell Retail Marijuana to other cultivations, stores or product manufacturers within the Colorado Regulated system.
- Retail Marijuana Testing Facility: a facility that performs testing and research on Retail Marijuana for other MED licensees.
Each facility is authorized to engage only in the type of activity for which it is licensed.