Business License Applicant Criteria - Retail Marijuana
If you intend to own a Colorado Retail Marijuana Business you must apply for an Associated Key license, this includes each Direct Beneficial Interest Owner. The requirements for obtaining an Associated Key license are described in section 12-43.4-306 C.R.S.
If you are not a resident of Colorado or have not been a resident of Colorado for one year, you must submit a Pre-Suitability Application, prior to your Associated Key application submission.
- Retail Marijuana Store: Facility from which any individual twenty-one years of age or older may purchase retail marijuana as described in section 12-43.4-402 C.R.S.
- Retail Marijuana Cultivation: Facility which grows and harvests Retail Marijuana plants as described in section 12-43.4-403 C.R.S.
- Retail Marijuana Product Manufacturing: Facility which manufactures retail marijuana products and concentrates as described in section 12-43.4-404 C.R.S.
- Retail Marijuana Testing Facility: Facility that performs testing and research on Retail Marijuana for other MED Licensed Retail Marijuana businesses as described in section 12-43.4-405 C.R.S.
- Retail Marijuana Transporter: Provides transportation and temporary storage services to Retail Marijuana Business as described in section 12-43.4-406 C.R.S.
- Retail Marijuana Operator: Provides professional operational services to one or more Retail Marijuana Businesses as described in section 12-43.4-407 C.R.S.
Each facility is authorized to engage only in the type of activity for which it is licensed.