Permanent Rulemaking Work Group Announcement, March 15, 2018
The Colorado Department of Revenue Marijuana Enforcement Division is facilitating a stakeholder workgroup to discuss the following rules (see rules under "Rulemaking Notice" below). The stakeholder workgroup will take place on Thursday, March 22nd, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. at 1707 Cole Blvd., Ste. 300, Lakewood, CO 80401.
Revised Rules, Medical Marijuana, 1 CCR 212-1
Rule M 207 – Schedule of Application Fees: Medical Marijuana Businesses
Rule M 208 – Schedule of Business License Fees: Medical Marijuana Businesses
Rule M 209 – Schedule of Business Renewal License Fees: Medical Marijuana Businesses
Rule M 210 – Schedule of Licensing Administrative Service Fees: All Licensees
Rule M 705 – Medical Marijuana Testing Facilities: Standard Operating Procedure Manual
Rule M 1504 – Medical Marijuana Testing Program – Sampling Procedures
Rule M 1701 – Medical Marijuana Establishment Operator: License Privileges
Rule M 1702 – Medical Marijuana Establishment Operator: General Limitations or Prohibited Acts
Rule M 1703 – Medical Marijuana Establishment Operator: Occupational Licenses for Personnel
Revised Rules, Retail Marijuana, 1 CCR 212-2
Rule R 705 – Retail Marijuana Testing Facilities: Standard Operating Procedure Manual
Rule R 1504 – Retail Marijuana Testing Program – Sampling Procedures
Rule R 1702 – Retail Marijuana Establishment Operator: General Limitations or Prohibited Acts
Rule R 1703 – Retail Marijuana Establishment Operator: Occupational Licenses for Personnel
On March 21, 2018, the State Licensing Authority promulgated emergency medical and retail marijuana rules pursuant to a Statement of Emergency Justification and Adoption Order (“Emergency Adoption Order’), effective immediately and set to expire June 21, 2018. The primary purpose for which the State Licensing Authority is initiating this permanent rulemaking is to promulgate permanent rules on the subjects reflected in the Emergency Adoption Order, including but not limited to the following:
- Establish application fees, license fees, renewal fees, and research project proposal fees for Licensed Research Businesses;
- Enable Medical Marijuana Operator Registrants to renew as a Medical Marijuana Operator License;
- Permit financial interest holders in a Medical or Retail Marijuana Operator to hold a financial interest in another Medical Marijuana Business or Retail Marijuana Establishment.
- Specify licensure requirements for individuals owning or in the employment of a Medical or Retail Marijuana Operator;
- Amend certain Sample retention requirements for Medical and Retail Marijuana Testing Facilities; and
- Amend minimum size and/or amount of Samples for Test Batch submission of Medical and Retail Marijuana Concentrate for required testing.
What is a Stakeholder Work Group?
A stakeholder work group is a forum for the Department to gather information from stakeholders for the development of new rules or for the revision of existing rules. Stakeholder work groups occur in advance of a rulemaking hearing. Work groups are open to the public, but the primary discussion will be limited to the work group members.
Work Group Members
The work group members consist of individuals who have particular knowledge of the issues up for discussion. Work group members will be asked to provide their input and insight, along with constructive feedback and suggestions. Depending on the level of interest, the number of work group members may be limited.
How to Participate
You may participate in the stakeholder process and workgroup in two ways:
- Review the proposed rules (attached to this email) and provide comments. All feedback can be sent via email to DOR_MEDRuleComments@state.co.us.
- If you are interested in being a member of the work group, please provide the following information in an email to DOR_MEDRuleComments@state.co.us by Friday, March 9, 2018.
- Your name and contact information, including email address and daytime phone number;
- Your occupation, job title, and employer or organization; and
- A brief explanation of no more than 150 words detailing your qualifications for inclusion in the stakeholder working group. Please do not include attachments with your email.
The Department will consider all applications, and any additional relevant information when establishing the stakeholder workgroup. Please make sure you are available for the date and time of the workgroup before applying.
Interested parties not selected as members of the workgroup may still take an active role in the rulemaking process by attending the workgroup meeting and providing comments during the public comment period of the workgroup meeting or by submitting written comments to DOR_MEDRuleComments@state.co.us.
On February 21, 2018, the State Licensing Authority issued a Notice of Rulemaking Hearing to initiate permanent rulemaking proceedings with respect to the following medical and retail marijuana rules:
- Notice of Permanent Rulemaking Hearing
- Proposed Medical Marijuana Rules
- Proposed Retail Marijuana Rules