Alt Fuel Vehicle Tax Credits
Tax credits are available in Colorado for purchase, lease and conversion of light, medium and heavy duty alternative fueled vehicles (electric or EV, plug-in hybrid or PHEV, compressed natural or CNG, liquefied natural gas or LNG, liquefied petroleum gas or LPG, and hydrogen.) These credits were simplified effective Jan. 1, 2017. No credit is allowed for the purchase or lease of a used vehicle made on or after Jan. 1, 2017.
Information on credits available for motor vehicles that operate on CNG, LNG, LPG or hydrogen, and for information about the innovative truck credit for tax years commencing prior to Jan. 1, 2017: FYI Income 68.
Information on credits for purchase, lease, or conversion of motor vehicles that are EVs, PHEV, or that are run on CNG, LNG, LPG, or hydrogen or for idling reduction and aerodynamic technologies, clean fuel refrigerated trailers, and hydraulic hybrid conversions for tax years beginning on or after Jan. 1, 2017, but prior to Jan. 1, 2022: FYI Income 69.
Information for dealers and finance companies on how to submit an Innovative Motor Vehicle Tax Credit:
- PART 1: Creating a Revenue Online Login ID (Colorado.gov/RevenueOnline)
- PART 2:
- For Dealers or Finance Companies: Creating a Revenue Online Login ID (Colorado.gov/RevenueOnline)
- For Dealers or Finance Companies: Approved File Format for Electronic Submissions
- This file is used to record credits that have been assigned via an election statement to submit to the Colorado Department of Revenue every 30 days. Note that while data is entered into this file in a spreadsheet format, it needs to be converted into a pipe (l) delimited flat (.txt) file for submission.
- For more information, go to: Colorado Department of Revenue.