Now Hiring Counselors!
The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation is hiring for Counselor I positions in Fort Collins, Greeley, and Fort Morgan.
The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation helps individuals with disabilities prepare for and secure employment. We help them take their rightful place in the workforce and in the community.
The primary focus of a Rehabilitation Counselor is to assist persons with disabilities to achieve and maintain successful employment outcomes through the application of the rehabilitation process. Effective implementation of the rehabilitation process includes the following activities:
- Meeting with individuals who are referred for services and establishing a positive relationship with a continuous emphasis on eventual employment success
- Ensuring that persons with disabilities possess a thorough understanding of their rights and responsibilities through the rehabilitation process
- Gather and analyzing medical, psychological, social, educational and vocational information from a variety of sources to determine an individual's disability, associated functional limitations, and resulting vocational impediments
- Making a determination about whether an individual meets state and federal eligibility criteria based on analysis of gathered information
- Using the principles of informed choice to assist eligible individuals to evaluate their strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, and capabilities for the purpose of jointly establishing an effective Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE)
- Providing personal adjustment and vocational counseling and arranging for the provisions of other goods and services per the IPE
- Maintaining regular, meaningful contact with eligible individuals for the purpose of monitoring progress toward attaining goals and resolving barriers that arise
- Developing relationships with employers and conducting job placement activities to assist eligible job-ready individuals to successfully obtain employment
- Thoroughly documenting all activities and decisions in accordance with state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- This position requires travel up to 20% to attend meetings and support clients throughout the state and requires the candidate to maintain a valid Colorado driver's license. Position will be required to use a State of Colorado fleet vehicle.
It is expected that rehabilitation counselors participate in training activities to maintain and update knowledge of areas such as federal and state policies and procedures, the Americans with Disabilities Act, assistive technology, medical aspects of disabilities, and other job related topics.