Announcing Funding Assistance for People Who Are Blind or Low Vision
We are pleased to announce the availability of funding to benefit blind and low vision people in Colorado through the Howard Fund. The disbursements from the fund shall be made for the purpose of contributing to the ability of people who are blind or low vision to participate in all aspects of life.
Disbursements may be made for, but are not limited to, the following:
- Paying expenses incidental to meetings and conferences which promote the rehabilitation and independence of blind people.
- Assessing the skills and needs for rehabilitation for people who are blind or low vision such as travel, personal care, grooming, eating, financial management, home management and other social skills. As well as providing for costs of equipment needed to teach these skills for which appropriated funds are not available.
- Matching funds or providing direct funds for demonstration projects directed toward continuing services by other resources.
- Purchasing equipment for demonstration or training purposes.
- Providing for costs of disseminating public information regarding the Howard Fund and capabilities of blind and low vision persons.
Please help us spread the word and share on your website and/or via social media.To learn how to apply, please visit our website: colorado.gov/dvr/howardfund.
The Howard Fund Board
Our Board members consist of Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and Colorado Department of Labor & Employment employees as well as non-employee stakeholders from the blind and low vision community.