How do I become a certified coal mine official, such as a mine foreman or electrician?

Since the Mine Safety & Training Program has primacy in testing and issuing coal mine officials certification in Colorado, please contact our program assistant at 303-866-3567 x 8123.  

How do I obtain a permit to handle/use explosives on a mine site?

As of November 2003, the Division no longer issues permits for the handling, storage or use of explosives.   Please contact the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives in Denver at 303-844-7549.  

Who do I contact if I want to become a tourist mine in Colorado?

Please contact the Mine Safety & Training Program, Program Manager at 303-866-3567, ext. 8151.   You can also click on ‘Rules and Regulations’ on the Division of Reclamation, Mining & Safety webpage and scroll down to Regulations of the Mine Safety and Training Program for Tourist Mines.