Downloadable Training Materials
Interactive Study Guides
Interactive Study guides must be downloaded and unzipped. When prompted, choose "Save As" and save the file to your preferred location. Once you have downloaded and saved the file, double click on it to unzip it. Then open the folder and double click on "Task.exe" to start the video.
Please note that the Interactive Study guides will take a few minutes to initialize and download, depending on your available bandwidth, and it might look like your computer has locked up.
A Part 46/48 Training Game using 30 CFR Part 56/57 Regulations. Complete with instructions and a printable scoresheet.
All nine files (A through I) must be downloaded and unzipped into the same folder in order to work. View the readme file (game instructions) in pdf format before downloading game files.
- Part a 20.8 MB fb2005_a.zip
- Part b 24.6 MB fb2005_b.zip
- Part c 22.6 MB fb2005_c.zip
- Part d 20.6 MB fb2005_d.zip
- Part e 23 MB fb2005_e.zip
- Part f 32 MB fb2005_f.zip
- Part g 23 MB fb2005_g.zip
- Part h 21 MB Fb2005_h.zip
- Part i 11 MB Fb2005_i.zip
- Part 46 Annual Refresher
- Mine Gases
- Confined Space Gases
- Mine Gasses (What Am I?)
- Workplace Examinations
- Surge Pile Safety
- Mobile Equipment Hazards
- Dragline Shovel Inspection
- Ground Control Highwall Safety
- M/NM Highwall Safety
- What An Accident Might Mean to You
- Hydraulic Pressure Intensification
- Machine Guarding
- Guarding Examples
*In zip files
Other Training Resources
- Holmes Safety Bulletins--A great source of information, check out all of the past issues for toolbox talk materials!!
- CFR 30 Part 48.28--MSHA Surface Annual Refresher -- Learning Objectives (pdf)
- MSHA Training Materials
- Michigan Technological University
- Vermont Safety Information Resources
- Safety Equipment
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement - Blaster's Training Modules
Do you have topics/materials you would like to see on this page? -- Let us know