Statutes, Regulations and Bulletins
Statutes (Laws) in Title 10 contain most, but not all, of Colorado's laws about insurance.
- SB18-132 and Catastrophic Health Insurance Plans
- SB17-300 - High-Risk Health Coverage / Reinsurance Study
Regulations (Rules) interpret but do not exceed the scope of the more general statutes passed by the Colorado General Assembly.
- Regulations Adopted but not Yet Effective have been through the public hearing process and have been adopted by the Insurance Commissioner but are not yet effective.
- Emergency Regulations are regulations that have been adopted by the Commissioner without going through the public rulemaking process.
- Notice of Rulemaking Hearings/Proposed Regulations are rules currently being considered by the Colorado Commissioner of Insurance through the hearing process.
- Materials Incorporated by Reference are laws and regulations which are in addition to those under Title 10 of Colorado Statutes.
- DRAFT Regulations for Informal Public Comment - These are regulations currently under review, and the Division is requesting informal comments from the public.
Bulletins express the Division's interpretation of, or position on, existing regulations and statutes but do not have the force of law.
- DRAFT Bulletins for Informal Public Comment - Bulletins under review, seeking public comment