Seniors - FREE Consumer Protection Event, Sat., 5/19/18
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Saturday, May 19, the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) is hosting a FREE consumer information session for seniors. Join us to hear different divisions from DORA share information regarding Medicare fraud, financial fraud, licensed contractors, homeowners associations (HOAs) and rising utility costs. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED - SEE INFORMATION BELOW.
Saturday, May 19, 2018, 8:30 a.m. - 12 Noon- EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Civic Center Plaza Building, 1560 Broadway, 19th Floor, Denver, 80202
Free in approved lot. Parking details will be provided after registering
Register via email, phone or by U.S. mail
- Email - Send an email with the subject line "Senior Consumer Protection" to email@example.com. Provide your name (and the names of anyone who will attend with you), a phone number where you can be reached, and an email address.
- Phone - Call Melissa Palos-Cervantes at 303-894-7749 to register.
- U.S. Mail - Download and complete this registration form and mail it to: DORA - Attn: Melissa Palos-Cervantes, 1560 Broadway, Ste. 850, Denver, CO 80202
The Latest Consumer Protection Information from DORA - 3 hours that could change your life
At this event, you will hear from five different divisions within DORA on how you can protect yourself and your money. There will also be information and brochures for you to take home, read and share.
- Division of Insurance - Identifying and Preventing Medicare Insurance Harm
- Division of Securities - Social Engineering: The How of Financial Fraud
- Divisions of Professions and Occupations - The Importance of Researching Licenses of Contractors
- Division of Real Estate - Older Coloradans and HOAs
- Office of Consumer Council (OCC) - Seniors on Fixed Incomes Feel the Impact of Rising Utility Costs: How the OCC is a critical consumer voice