Senior Medicare Patrol and Medicare Fraud
In Colorado, report Medicare fraud by contacting 1-800-503-5190 or email@example.com SMP Shadow Logo
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones from Medicare Fraud
The Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) empowers and assists Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse. SMPs are here to answer your questions. Advice is free, confidential and objective. Medicare is complicated. What may seem like an error to the beneficiary may simply be the result of a misunderstanding about benefits. It may also be abuse, which involves billing Medicare for services that are not covered or are not correctly coded. The Colorado Senior Medicare Patrol is here to help, so call or email with your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions: I was billed for a service I didn't receive. What do I do?
- Contact the Colorado Senior Medicare Patrol I believe there is an error on my Medicare Bill.
- Contact the health care provider or the company that paid the bill. If they don't resolve the issue, contact the Colorado Senior Medicare Patrol What if I suspect Medicare fraud?
- Report it! Contact the Colorado Senior Medicare Patrol Somebody is trying to sell me a Medicare plan and I don't know if they're legitimate.
- Ask the caller for his or her name, company name, and callback number. You can call back later to verify the legitimacy of the source and the offer.
- Are they asking for credit card information?
- Are they asking for banking information?
- Are they asking for personal information like your Medicare or Social Security number?
- Do they say the offer is only good today? A real company will give you time to think and verify.
- Do they know something about you but ask to verify that the information is correct?
If any of these are happening, HANG UP! For these or other questions, contact us at: Colorado Senior Medicare Patrol 1560 Broadway, Suite 850 Denver, CO 80202 1-800-503-5190 or send us an email by clicking on this link: firstname.lastname@example.org In your message or email, please include your phone number. SMPs are grant-funded projects of the federal U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL). The Colorado Senior Medicare Patrol is administered by the Colorado Division of Insurance.