Banking - File a Complaint

Not all the financial institutions located in Colorado are regulated by the Division of Banking. Please review the information below and if you are not sure if the commercial bank, trust company, or money transmitter you want to file a complaint against is regulated by the state of Colorado, please click What We Regulate, which will take you to a database search site. If you have any questions, please contact us at 303-894-7575.

CAN address if about a

CANNOT address if about a

  • Colorado state-chartered Commercial Bank
  • Colorado state-chartered Trust Company
  • Colorado licensed Money Transmitter

  • National Bank
  • Credit Union
  • Finance Company
  • Savings & Loan Association
  • Mortgage Company, Lender, or Loan Originator


The Complaint Process

All consumer complaints filed with the Division must be submitted in writing. When completing the form, please provide detailed information and fill it out completely.

Complaint Form (Word)      Complaint Form (PDF)

The following information is very important:

  • The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom you have had contact. Include telephone numbers and addresses.
  • A complete description of your complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve your complaint directly with the institution.
  • Copies of any available documentation supporting your complaint and efforts toward resolution.
  • Preferred resolution of your complaint.

Once your complaint is received by the Division:

  • A referral letter is sent to the regulated institution, along with a copy of your complaint, and the institution is requested to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
  • Upon receipt of the institution's response, your complaint and the institution's response will be reviewed by the Division.
  • Upon completion of this review, the Division will send you a response, copying the regulated institution, explaining our findings and resolution of the complaint.

Contact information for filing a complaint against a National Bank:

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010




Colorado Division of Banking
1560 Broadway, Suite 975
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-894-7575 | Fax: 303-894-7570