Mortgage Loan Originator Qualifying Education
Prior to applying for a MLO license, the applicant must first complete 20 hours of NMLS approved licensing education comprised of the following,
- 3 hours of Federal law;
- 3 hours of Ethics;
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending;
- 2 hours of Colorado state-specific defined electives; and
(The 2 hours of state-specific content may also be completed as a standalone course.)
- 10 hours of general electives.
Once you complete the licensing education, you must pass the National SAFE MLO examination with uniform state content.
- S.A.F.E. Act Mortgage Loan Originator Exam
- S.A.F.E. Testing Requirements
- Uniform State Test (UST) Implementation Information
Division of Real Estate
1560 Broadway, Suite 925
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-894-2166 | Fax: 303-894-2683