National Consumer Protection Week
March 6-12, 2016
Seniors, are you retirement savings truly safe?
Join DORA and our partners for a Consumer Protection Open House and learn how to fight fraud and protect your savings!
WHEN: Wednesday, March 9, 2016
WHERE: Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, Dahlia Room
4005 Kipling Street, Wheat Ridge, Colorado, 80033
Coffee and treats will be provided!
The open house will feature tabling and information provided by:
- Department of Regulatory Agencies
- Stop Fraud Colorado, a Colorado Attorney General's Office Program
- AARP Foundation ElderWatch
- The Better Business Bureau of Denver/Boulder
The open house will also feature 20 minute presentations by:
- Colorado Banking Commissioner Chris Myklebust
- AARP ElderWatch
- Colorado Financial Services Commissioner Patricia Salazar
- Better Business Bureau Consumer Outreach
- Colorado Securities Commissioner Gerald Rome
For more information, call Investor Education Coordinator Jillian Sarmo at (303) 894-2878, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer Protection Resources
National Consumer Protection Week: Read about national efforts to protect consumers from fraud and predatory practices.
Take 5 with DORA: Learn how easy it is to find a professional, verify a license, and check background history before you hire.
Stop Fraud Colorado: Locate resources, fraud alerts and tips, and instructions on how to report. Brought to you by the Colorado Attorney General's Office.
Scam Tracker: Help the Better Business Bureau investigate frauds and search for complaints against businesses.
Elderwatch: File a fraud or exploitation complaint, and learn how you can help the AARP Foundation do more.