High-Risk Health Coverage / Reinsurance Study
In 2017, the Colorado Legislature passed SB17-300, which directed the Division of Insurance to "explore the feasibility of maintaining healthcare coverage for high-risk individuals and reducing premiums through a reinsurance program or other high-risk programs."
The information below contains the actuarial studies and reports that were the outcome of that bill, as well as information and materials from the numerous stakeholder meetings that were convened on this topic throughout 2017. While this information is historical (from 2017 and early 2018), know that in 2019 the Division will be looking to update the studies with more recent information.
SB17-300 Actuarial Studies / Reports
- Milliman Inc. Final Actuarial Report to the Colorado High-Risk Health Care Coverage Task Force - Nov. 11, 2017
- Milliman Inc. Summary / Appendix of Final Actuarial Report - Jan. 4, 2018
- Milliman Inc. Addendum to Final Actuarial Report - Jan. 4, 2018
- Division of Insurance Preliminary Report Regarding SB17-300 Colorado High-Risk Health Coverage Study - Oct. 2, 2017
- Milliman Inc. Preliminary Findings - Actuarial Report to the Colorado High-Risk Health Care Coverage Task Force - Sept. 27, 2017
- High-Risk Reinsurance Proposal Summary / Fact Sheet - Jan. 5, 2018
- 6-20-17 Agenda - High-Risk Health Care Coverage Study Meeting
- 6-20-17 Presentation - High-Risk Health Care Coverage Study Meeting
- 7-11-17 Agenda - High-Risk Health Care Coverage Study Meeting
- 7-11-17 Presentation - High Risk Health Care Coverage Study Meeting
- More >