Civil Rights Commission
Conduct hearings regarding illegal discriminatory practices
Advise the Governor and General Assembly regarding policies and legislation that address illegal discrimination
Review appeals of cases investigated and dismissed by CCRD
Adopt and amend rules and regulations to be followed in enforcement of Colorado's statutes prohibiting discrimination
The Commission meets to develop policy and hear appeals in discrimination cases. Unless otherwise announced, the Colorado Civil Rights Commission holds meetings on the fourth Friday of the month at 1560 Broadway, Denver, CO 80202, beginning at 10 a.m.
Colorado Civil Rights Commissioners
- Anthony Aragon, Democrat, Representing State or Local Government Entities, Denver (term expires: 3/16/19)
- Miguel "Michael" Rene Elias, Republican, Representing Community at Large, Pueblo (term expires: 3/13/20)
- Carol Fabrizio, Unaffiliated, Representing Business, Denver (term expires: 3/16/19)
- Charles Garcia, Democrat, Representing Community at Large, Denver (term expires: 3/13/21)
- Rita Lewis, Democrat, Representing Small Business, Denver (term expires: 3/16/19)
- Ajay Menon, Unaffiliated, Representing State or Local Government Entities, Fort Collins (term expires: 3/13/20)
- Jessica Pocock, Unaffiliated, Representing Community at Large, Colorado Springs (term expires: 3/13/20)
About the Commission
Commissioners are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the state Senate to serve four-year terms. They are selected from across Colorado and represent both political parties. Two commissioners represent business (one of whom represents small business), two represent government, and three represent the community at large. At least four of the commissioners are members of groups who have been or might be discriminated against because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or age.
Matters concerning investigations or appeals before the Commission are confidential, and can only be discussed with the parties and/or their representatives.