Consumer Advisory: Colorado counselors offer local assistance to Medicare beneficiaries
Take advantage of help for Medicare open enrollment October 15 to December 7
With the short window of Medicare Open Enrollment (Oct. 15 - Dec. 7) it’s important not to wait to seek help. Medicare is complex enough without the stress of dealing with it at the last minute. Know that SHIP counselors’ calendars will fill up quickly with appointments, especially the closer we get to the end of open enrollment.
The counselors can help you in many ways.
- Help you review your Medicare options, and tell you which Medicare plans are available in your area.
- Determine if your current Medicare Advantage plan or Part D prescription drug plan is available for next year.
- Help find which Medicare plan best covers your prescriptions.
- Help you compare the pros and cons of Medicare Advantage plans versus Traditional Medicare coverage.
- Help you apply for programs that help with out-of-pocket costs related to Medicare
Call Colorado SHIP at 1-888-696-7213 to be connected with a counselor in your area. You can also visit dora.colorado.gov/SHIP for more information.
Program oversight for the Colorado SHIP is through the Division of Insurance (DOI), part of the Colorado Department of Regulatory Affairs (DORA). Consumers with questions and concerns about health insurance outside of Medicare, can contact the DOI at 303-894-7499 / toll free at 800-930-3745.
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI), part of the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) regulates the insurance industry and assists consumers and other stakeholders with insurance issues. Visit dora.colorado.gov/insurance for more information or call 303-894-7499 / toll free 800-930-3745. DORA is dedicated to preserving the integrity of the marketplace and is committed to promoting a fair and competitive business environment in Colorado. Consumer protection is our mission. Visit dora.colorado.gov for more information or call 303-894-7855 / toll free 1-800-886-7675.