State Board of Psychologist Examiners: Continuing Professional Development
Jason D. Sunstrom, Division Wide Programs and Systems Director
Effective after the 2017 license renewal, or upon the completion of the first renewal of a license thereafter, all Colorado licensed psychologists must satisfy continuing professional development requirements in order to renew, reinstate, or reactivate a license.
Continuing professional development was created to help licensees assess their professional work, identify areas of growth and stay current with the profession. A detailed explanation of continuing professional development can be accessed in the Continuing Professional Development Manual found in the Resources section below. Pursuant to section 12-43-307, C.R.S., in accordance with section 12-43-304, C.R.S., the board issues a license to practice as a psychologist based on whether the applicant satisfies minimum educational and experience requirements that demonstrate competency to practice as a psychologist.
Licensed psychologists will comply with the continuing professional development requirement by one of two methods:
- CPD program administered by the Board (section 12-43-307, C.R.S.)
- Active Duty Military Exemption (section 12-70-102, C.R.S.)
For the 2017 - 2019 license cycle, a maximum of 10 Professional Development Hours (PDH) may be carried over if the PDH were earned from June 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017.
For more information about the CPD program, check out our new video!
After clicking on the document link, be sure to click on the download icon in order to use the PDF fillable form.
- CPD Overview - this flowchart will help you visualize the steps of the CPD program and its requirements.
- CPD Manual - this document explains in detail continuing professional development requirements and the CPD program.
- Reflective Self-Assessment (RSAT) - this optional form may be used at the beginning of each renewal cycle to reflect on your practice and create learning goals to be completed throughout the renewal cycle. Save your completed form either electronically or in paper format; it will not be sent to the Board.
- Learning Plan - this form is to be used to record learning goals, Professional Development Activities (PDA) and the completion of your Professional Development Hours (PDH). Save a completed copy electronically or in paper format. This form will be collected for the purposes of audit, but it should not be submitted unless specifically requested.
- PDA Chart - this document summarizes the Professional Development Activities (PDA) that you can choose from to complete the required PDH. It is important that you read the CPD Manual for a detailed explanation of each category and documentation requirements.
Calendar of Events
Continued Competency/Continued Professional Development
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-894-2363 | Fax: 303-869-0329 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org