Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators: Applications and Forms
Forms: All Nursing Home Administrator applications and forms are available below:
- Nursing Home Administrator Applications and Forms
- Administrator-in-Training Applications and Forms
- Temporary License Applications and Forms for Hospital Administrators and Nursing Home Administrators
- Qualification Flow Charts
NAB National Exam - In July 2017, the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) will transition its examinations to a new structure: examinees will need to pass a 100-item Core of Knowledge exam and a 50-item line of service exam. Please be advised that there will be a brief "blackout" period during the transition, in which no NAB exams will be administered. Visit the NAB website for more information.
- June 1, 2017 - Last day for candidates to apply for current NHA exam
- June 17, 2017 - Last day for candidates to take the current NHA exam
- June 18 - 30, 2017 - NHA exam unavailable
- July 1, 2017 - Candidates may begin using the NAB new application system (not available before July 1st)
Questions regarding the NAB National Exam should be sent directly to the NAB.
Colorado State-Specific Exam - After June 17, 2017, NAB will no longer administer the Colorado State-Specific Exam. There will be a brief "blackout" period during the transition from NAB to Iso-Quality Testing, Inc. Learn more about the changes.
- June 1, 2017 - Last day for candidates to apply for the Colorado State-Specific Exam through NAB
- June 17, 2017 - Last day for candidates to take the Colorado State-Specific Exam through NAB
Additional information about the State-Specific Exam will be posted on this website as it becomes available.
Communication from the Division: The Division of Professions and Occupations' primary communication is via email. Please be sure to include your current email address on your application to receive important information about your application status and process.
License Expiration Bump Period for New Applicants: All new applicants who are issued a license within 120 days of the upcoming renewal expiration date will be issued a license with the next expiration date.
License Renewal Information: All Nursing Home Administrator licenses expire on the last day of February every year. View your expiration date on your online account. Please note that renewals open approximately six weeks prior to the expiration date.