Office of Athletic Trainer Licensure: News
The Office of Athletic Trainer Registration will hold a Permanent Rulemaking Hearing to offer the last chance for public comment and testimony before the Director considers adopting the proposed new Rule 1.11, to implement House Bill 19-1174 (HB19-1174). This new legislation establishes disclosure requirements to covered persons regarding the potential effects of receiving emergency or nonemergency services from an out-of-network provider
- A copy of the HB19-1174 is available for download. The proposed new Rule 1.11 is currently undergoing revisions to incorporate stakeholder feedback and will be provided no later than Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Friday, February 21, 2020, at 10:00 A.M.
Ways to Participate
- In-Person: Civic Center Plaza, 1560 Broadway, Room 110D (1st Floor), Denver, CO 80202
- By Webinar: Register Here
- Submit Comments: Testimony will be taken from participants who are present in-person or participating via webinar. If you cannot make the hearing in-person or wish to make written comments rather than speaking, you may email your written comments to email@example.com by Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
Stakeholders will be able to participate in the hearing, as this is the last chance for public testimony or comments before the Director considers whether or not to adopt the proposed new rule. If you have any questions or concerns, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the implementation of House Bill 19-1174 Out-of-network Surprise Billing, the Division of Professions and Occupations is providing a sample disclosure form that meets the requirements of the bill and associated Rules adopted by the Division's Director.
The Colorado Office of Policy, Research and Regulatory Reform is conducting a sunset review of the Office of Athletic Trainer Licensure. Analysis in a sunset review is performed to determine whether the regulatory program is necessary and should be continued, modified or eliminated. This review will produce a report with recommendations to the Colorado General Assembly and result in subsequent legislation based on the recommendations in the report. Your input is an important component of a successful sunset review. If you would like to submit comments online, please visit COPRRR's website at http://www.dora.state.co.us/pls/real/OPR_Review_Comments.Main
On March 28, 2019, Governor Jared Polis signed HB19-1083 Athletic Trainers License. The new law, effective August 2, 2019, changes the term used to describe the regulation of athletic trainers from "registration" to "license" and "licensure."