State Board of Licensure for Architects, Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors: Continuing Education (CE)
At present, CE is not required for Professional Engineers or Professional Land Surveyors to maintain or renew a license.
Licensed architects are required to maintain continuing education to renew, reinstate, or reactivate a license.
CE requirements can be met by one of the following methods:
- Completing CE requirements according to the guidelines outlined in the Architect CE Manual, found below, OR
- Receiving a military exemption.
*Audits of compliance will be conducted after each renewal cycle ends.*
CE Resources for Architects
Click on the download icon after opening a link below to use the fillable version of a form.
- Architect CE Manual - provides a comprehensive guide to meeting CE requirements
- Continuing Education Activities Chart - lists the different types of activities that can be completed for credit
- Continuing Education Rule Chart - lists the required number of CE hours needed depending on when & how you received your license.
- Licensee’s Architect CE Documentation Checklist - lists the components of compliant documentation
- Sample Certificate of Completion - provides an example of a compliant certificate of completion
- CE Structured Report - this form is to be used when no other compliant documentation can be obtained or certificate is not provided for the particular CEH.
Questions about CE for architects?
Division Wide Programs
Continued Competency/Continued Professional Development
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-894-2363 | Fax: 303-869-0329 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org