News & Updates
New PDMP Prescriber Reports Coming in February
Beginning February 2018 prescribers will receive a quarterly automated "Prescriber Report" from the PDMP. The new reports will provide key information related to a prescriber's personal prescription history and compare an individual's data to peers within the same specialty.
Key Facts about the New Prescriber Reports:
- Help prescribers make more informed decisions.
- Include data on prescription volume and PDMP usage.
- Include Morphine Milligram Equivalent (MME) dosing information.
- Give prescribers an opportunity to assess their own prescribing history when compared to their peers within the same specialty.
- Support PDMP's mission to identify and prevent potential misuse and abuse of prescription drugs.
- Protect confidentiality of patient specific information.
- Support appropriate utilization of controlled substances for legitimate medical purposes.
Reports will begin February 2018 and arrive quarterly in a prescriber's email, or they can be accessed inside PMP AWARxE by clicking on the "Prescriber Report" link. Be sure to review the FAQ related to the new Prescriber Reports below. If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-263-6403.Prescriber Report FAQ
New PDMP Delegate Training Video
A new training video is now available to show prescribers and pharmacists how to set up delegate accounts for the PDMP. Any prescriber or pharmacist can create up to three delegate accounts for trained individuals who can check the PDMP on the prescriber or pharmacist's behalf. You can utilize the PDMP more frequently to get the most complete medical history possible.
View the video now or access it via the "New Delegate Training Video!" button on this site's homepage.
Prior Opioid Policy Stakeholder Meeting Recordings Available
The Division of Professions and Occupations (DPO) in the Department of Regulatory Agencies hosted the following stakeholder meetings in Denver to discuss potential updates to the Policy for Prescribing and Dispensing Opioids (Policy).
- Listen to the recording of the August 30 stakeholder meeting.
- Listen to the recording of the October 27 stakeholder meeting.
- Listen to the recording of the November 14 stakeholder meeting.
- Listen to the recording of the December 28 stakeholder meeting.
Colorado Consortium Newsroom
Visit the Newsroom of the Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention for recent media stories, reports, press releases, and other items related to the prescription drug abuse epidemic.