Broadband How to Apply Staging
2017 Application Cycle Closed
The Board made available $9.4 million dollars for the 2017 grant cycle. Applications for the 2017 grant cycle were due September 12, 2017.
The Application Process
You could qualify for funding to bring broadband access to your community. Learn more about the application process and what's required to submit. Contact us with any questions and prior to beginning the application process. We're happy to help guide you.
Does my Community Qualify?
Applicants must meet certain minimum requirements including:
- Lie outside municipal boundaries or have a population of less than 5,000 (Less than 7,500 starting in 2018)
- Project is new, not already in progress
- Funds will be used for infrastructure, not maintenance
How and When are Applicants Selected?
Applications are selected by the Board according to statutory requirements and policy. Criteria include:
- Strong connections to larger broadband plans
- Demonstrated benefit to area economic development, education, telehealth, etc.