Broadband How to Apply Staging
The Broadband Deployment Board is excited to announce a Winter 2019 Broadband Fund grant cycle. The Board will make up to $5.5 million available for rural broadband infrastructure projects. Applications for the Winter 2019 cycle are due January 15th.
Beginning in 2019 the Board will hold two grant application cycles per year. Applications for the first cycle are due by January 15th of each year. Applications for the second cycle are due by July 15th of each year.
The Application Process
You could qualify for funding to bring broadband access to your community. Learn more about the application process and what's required to submit. Contact us with any questions and prior to beginning the application process. We're happy to help guide you.
Does my Community Qualify?
Applicants must meet certain minimum requirements including:
- Lie outside municipal boundaries or have a population of less than 7,500
- The project is new, not already in progress
- Funds will be used for infrastructure, not operations
How and When are Applicants Selected?
Applications are selected by the Board according to statutory requirements and policy. Criteria include:
- Strong connections to larger broadband plans
- Demonstrated benefit to area economic development, education, telehealth, etc.