Broadband How to Apply Staging
2017 Application Cycle Open Now
The Broadband Deployment Board and the Department of Regulatory Agencies are excited to announce the 2017 Broadband Fund application cycle. The Board has made available up to $9.4 million dollars for this year's grant cycle. The application is now available and must be submitted not later than September 12, 2017.
The Application Process
You could qualify for funding to bring broadband access to your community. Learn more about the application process and what's required to submit. Contact us with any questions and prior to beginning the application process. We're happy to help guide you.
Does my Community Qualify?
Applicants must meet certain minimum requirements including:
- Lie outside municipal boundaries or have a population of less than 5,000
- Project is new, not already in progress
- Funds will be used for infrastructure, not maintenance
How and When are Applicants Selected?
Applications are selected by the Board according to statutory requirements and policy. Criteria include:
- Strong connections to larger broadband plans
- Cost effectiveness
- Demonstrated benefit to area economic development, education, etc.