Local Government or Public Housing Authority
The Division of Housing partners with local governments and public housing authorities to provide housing and related services to their citizens. Smaller cities and counties can receive funding for housing rehabilitation.
- Section 8 Information: The Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program provides public housing authorities with rental assistance vouchers.
- The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program: Smaller counties and cities around the state can receive funding for housing or related services through the CDBG program. These funds are often used for programs that help rehabilitate of single-family homes.
- Private Activity Bonds : Local governments that do not receive their own allocation may apply for funding from the statewide allocation.
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS): Online training on how to conduct HQS inspections that provides a certificate upon completion.
- Fair Housing Information: Local governments receiving federal funding through the Division of Housing must be in compliance with Fair Housing laws; find information here.
- Affordable Housing: A Guide for Local Officials
- Public Housing Authority Administration Plan
- Public Housing Authority Annual Plan
- Revolving Loan Fund Guidelines: Guidelines for down payment assistance and single-family owner-occupied programs that use Division of Housing funds.