We operate as a statewide housing authority that primarily serves the very low income population and people with disabilities and other special needs. The department provides landlords participating in the HCV program resources and information to provide low-income families access decent, safe and affordable housing in the neighborhood of their choice. Rental assistance payments are sent directly to the landlord on behalf of a participating family. The family then pays their tenant portion of the rent directly to the landlord.
The department also partners with mental health agencies, developmental disability service agencies, independent living centers, housing authorities and homeless service agencies. Through this collaborative effort, participants receive the combined benefits of flexible supportive services and rental assistance.
Families qualify for the HCV program if their incomes are 50 percent or less of the median income for the area where they will rent a unit. An eligible family can be a single person household that is elderly or disabled, as well as families of two or more.
- Landlord Portal Current Section 8 landlords can register to view their Housing Assistance payments, participant family information, inspection data, and more.
- Landlord Briefing Packet: Landlord guide to the Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Colorado Housing Search: A "one-stop shop" for information on available rental units. The goal is to help Coloradans find and maintain quality, safe, and decent places to live. In addition, the website will provide a clearinghouse for affordable housing and related services.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): The federal government’s resource for affordable housing.
- HUD Colorado: The website for all HUD programs in Colorado.
- Colorado Public Housing Authorities: Lists all Public Housing Authorities in Colorado
- Senior Housing Options: Assisted living and subsidized apartment units for over 500 residents including properties in Cortez, Denver, Kremmling, Longmont, Granby, and Parachute. Contact number 303-595-4464.
- Jeffco Action Center's Tenant-Counseling Helpline Program (303) 237-0230 operates a free housing information helpline for tenants and landlords throughout Colorado. Callers can get answers about common rental housing questions, receive referrals and be directed to housing resources. The line is available Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Form