The HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME) was created by the National Affordable Housing Act of 1990 and HOME funds provide competitive funding to local government, non-profit, and private developers. The purpose of the HOME Program is to provide a wide range of activities that build, buy, and/or rehabilitate affordable housing for rent or ownership or provide direct rental assistance to low-income people.
- Local governments,
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
- non-profit and for-profit housing developers
- Homebuyer assistance (generally through Down Payment Assistance (DPA) programs)
- Rehabilitation for Owner-Occupied Homes (Single-family Owner-occupied (SFOO) programs)
- Rental Housing Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Construction
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)