To apply for funding, download the application and related forms from this page.
The department administers both state and federal funds for eligible projects including acquisition, rehabilitation and new construction of affordable housing.
All construction and rehabilitation projects receiving federal funds through the department must meet Section 3 Economic Opportunity requirements.
All application cycles are competitive. DOLA accepts applications according to the following schedule:
|First of every month:||Rental acquisition, rehabilitation and new construction|
|April 1:||National Housing Trust Fund for Supportive Housing|
|July 1:||Single-family Owner-occupied (SFOO) housing rehabilitation programs|
|September 1:||Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) operating funds|
|November 1:||Down payment assistance (DPA) programs, including homeownership subdivision development|
- Funding Application (.doc)
- Budget spreadsheet (.XLS) for use in preparing grant or loan applications
Note: If you have completed the latest version of the CHFA LIHTC Application spreadsheet and submitted it to CHFA, you do not need to complete the above DOH Budget Spreadsheet.
- Programs spreadsheet (.XLS) for use in preparing down payment assistance (DPA), single-family rehab (SFOO), and CHDO Operating applications
- W-9 form
- EFT Direct Deposit Authorization form
- Attachment L - 504 Self-Evaluation Plan
- Attachment M - Steps to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing
- Attachment N - Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan
- Attachment O - Subrecipient Agreement
- Attachment P - Citizen Participation Plan
- Attachment Q - Community Development Plan
- Attachment R - Excessive Force Policy
Instructions and Reference Materials
- Application Instructions
- Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Addendum to Application Instructions
- PSH Services Plan and Budget
- DOLA Environmental Review page (with links to forms)
- State Procurement Guidelines
- CDBG Guidebook
- Program Income (PI) Guidelines
- Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) Guidelines
- Single Family Owner Occupied (SFOO) Rehab Standards
- Multifamily Rehab Standards
- Summary of Revised Application Questions/Comments
Contact one of our Housing Development Specialists for questions about the application, forms or process.
If you'd like to receive email updates about Funding Opportunities, sign up for our mailing list.