Agriculture Business Grant
This grant program is intended to assist agricultural businesses. Based on documented damages, farmers can receive grant assistance to help them to stay in business and retain employment in the impacted areas. This program is being run in partnership with the Colorado Department of Agriculture.
Round 2B for Low to Moderate-Income Applicants Only - Accepting Applications until Friday September 1, 2017
Staff are currently accepting applications for Round 2B of the Disaster Recovery Agriculture Business Grant Program. Farmers and ranchers who were impacted by the 2012 and 2013 fires or the 2013 flood are welcome to apply.
This is an economic development grant to help businesses be sustainable, stay operational by retaining jobs, or increase business operations by creating jobs. Round 2B is only open to low to moderate-income farmers and ranchers. Grants range from $15,000 to $150,000 and funds can be used to reimburse applicants for disaster-related expenses that were incurred within a year of the disaster, operating expenses to help the business moving forward, purchase of equipment or materials needed for the business, or for disaster-related projects that are still needed such as repair or replacement of fences/corrals, irrigation system/ponds, outbuildings; debris removal; land leveling; re-pasteurization.
Interested applicants should follow the steps below.
- Read through the Instructions for Application Submittal. Complete the checklist to see if you meet the basic program eligibility requirements.
- Read through the Program Guidelines to ensure you understand the process and rules of this federal grant.
- Download and complete the application.
- Submit the application and required attachments.
- Disaster Recovery Application for Round 2B
- 2016 Household Income Self Certification Form
- 2016 Employee Verification Form
Round 1 - Closed
Staff are currently working with those eligible applicants who applied under Round 1 to reimburse them for disaster-related expenses and/or for future operating expenses. Please see the Round 1 - Updated Program Guidelines for more information.
Please contact the Department of Agriculture at 303-869-9028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this grant program