Jump to navigation
The Adjutant General (TAG)
Major General Michael A. LohThe Adjutant GeneralColorado Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
The Adjutant General Priorities
MAJOR GENERAL MICHAEL A. LOH
The Adjutant General, Colorado
Major General Michael A. Loh is The Adjutant General, Colorado National Guard. Appointed by the Governor of Colorado, General Loh serves as the Executive Director of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs and is a member of the Governor’s Cabinet. The DMVA consists of the Colorado National Guard, the Division of Veterans Affairs, and the Colorado Wing of the Civil Air Patrol totaling more than 6,700 Soldiers, Airmen, State employees, and Volunteers. As Adjutant General, General Loh is responsible for the operation and management of readiness, fiscal, personnel, equipment, and real property resources of the Department, and ensures the training readiness of all personnel to accomplish both state and federal missions. Additionally, General Loh is responsible for supporting the State Partnerships with Slovenia and Jordan and a strategic partnership with Israel’s Home Front Command.
General Loh is a 1984 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. He served seven years on active duty as an F-16 instructor and strike pilot in United States Air Forces Europe and at Luke Air Force Base, Ariz. He joined the Colorado Air National Guard in 1991 and has held command, staff and supervisory positions including Assistant Adjutant General of Colorado for Air/Space, Assistant to the Chief of Staff, United States Air Force and Assistant to the Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Group Commander and Squadron Commander. He deployed multiple times to both the Pacific and Central Command regions and commanded combat operations during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Provide Comfort II.
General Loh is a command pilot with over 3,200 flight hours including 2,900 hours and 128 combat flight hours in the F-16A/B/C/D.
1984 Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1988 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2000 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2004 National Security Management, by correspondence
2004 Air War College, by correspondence
2010 Harvard John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
2010 George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, Garmisch, Germany
2011 Joint Forces Staff College, Advance Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2011 Senior Reserve Component Officer Course, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
2011 Master of Business Administration, Trident University International, Cypress, Calif.
2012 CAPSTONE, General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2012 National Security Studies Management Course, Syracuse University, N.Y.
1. May 1984 - October 1985, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. October 1985 - January 1986, Student, Fighter Lead-in Training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. January 1986 - July 1986, Student, Air Force Operational Training Course, F-16, MacDill AFB, Fla.
4. July 1986 - June 1989, Pilot, 313th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn Air Base, Germany
5. June 1989 - September 1991, Instructor Pilot, 310th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. September 1991 - June 1996, Pilot, 120th Fighter Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
7. June 1996 - June 1997, Instructor Pilot, 120th Fighter Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
8. June 1997 - September 2003, Flight Commander, 120th Fighter Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
9. October 2003 - September 2004, Commander, 140th Operations Support Flight, Buckley AFB, Colo.
10. October 2004 - September 2006, Commander, 140th Operations Support Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
11. October 2006 - May 2010, Commander, 140th Operations Group, Buckley AFB, Colo.
12. May 2010 - September 2011, Special Assistant to the Chief of Staff, United States Air Force Pentagon, Alexandria, VA
13. October 2011 - February 2012, Assistant Adjutant General- Air, CONG, Joint Force Headquarters-Colorado, Centennial, Colo.
14. January 2012 - July 2013, Assistant Adjutant General- Air, CONG, dual-hatted, November 2011 - May 2013, National Guard Assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
15. August 2013 - March 2016, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
16. April 2016 - April 2017, National Guard Assistant to the Commander, ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
17. April 2017 - Present, The Adjutant General, Colorado National Guard, Centennial, Colo.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2013 - March 2016, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo
2. April 2017 - Present, The Adjutant General, Colorado National Guard, Centennial, Colo
Rating: Command pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,200 (128 Combat)
Aircraft Flown: AT-38, F-16A/B/C/D, T-37, T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor and three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hourglass and M device
1985 Outstanding graduate, ATC commanders trophy, undergraduate pilot training
1986 Outstanding graduate, F-16 operational training course
1986 Order of Daedalians Orville Wright achievement award
2004 Order of Daedalians Mile-High flight distinguished pilot award
Civilian Air Transport Pilot rated in Boeing 727, 737, 747-400 and 777
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1984
First Lieutenant May 28, 1986
Captain May 28, 1988
Major Oct. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 3, 2001
Colonel Oct. 14, 2006
Brigadier General May 21, 2010
Major General Aug. 1, 2013
(Current as of April 2017)
Director Division Veterans Affairs - East
Richard TremaineDirector of Veterans Affairs - EastColorado Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
More Info - Coming Soon
Director Division Veterans Affairs - West
Joanne N. IglesiasDirector, Division of Veterans Affairs-WestColorado Department of Military and Veterans Affairs - WestJoanne.email@example.com
Joanne Iglesias is the Director for the Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs-West. The Western Division Director oversees the Veterans Memorial Cemetery of Western Colorado, the new Western Region One Source Facility, and is responsible for training and accreditation of County Veteran Service Officers in twenty four western Colorado Counties. She has previously served as the Director of the Veterans Memorial Cemetery and has been with the Division for ten years.
She is the daughter of an Army veteran and is married to a Spanish Special Forces Army Veteran. She lives in Grand Junction and has four children and two grandchildren.
She volunteers as Treasurer for the Grand Valley Combined Honor Guard, Vice President of Mesa County Search and Rescue, and coaches a Special Olympics ski team in the winter. She is very active with local veterans groups organizing events, participating in Resource Fairs and Veterans Outreach opportunities.
Interim Deputy Executive Director, Resource Director and Legislative Liaison
Greg DormanInterim Deputy Executive Director, Resource Director, and Legislative Liaisongreg.firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Dorman has been the Resource Director/Legislative Liaison of the Colorado Department of Military and Veterans Affairs since October 2009. He previously served as the Legislative Liaison and Deputy Public Affairs Officer for Fort Carson, Colorado.