Report an Accident

Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)  |  Tickets & Penalty Assessments  |  Get Accident or Ticket Info

Reporting an Accident
If you were involved in an accident and a police officer was called to the scene to obtain all the needed information, you do not need to provide any forms unless you receive a letter from this department. If you are sent a notice by the department it will inform you of what needs to be done.
If a police officer was not called to the scene of the accident you can obtain the form to file an accident report at
If an accident report is filed online by an individual the report does not get investigated by a law enforcement agency.  The reports are kept for record purposes only.
If you are involved in an accident, you should provide the other driver(s) with your:
  • Name
  • Telephone number
  • Insurance information
How do I get a copy of a report of an accident that I was involved in?
You will need:
Please allow 90 days for receipt of the accident report by the law enforcement agency and to be data entered into the driver license system.  The Department maintains accident information for seven years.