Students of third party driving schools may be asked to pre-register for their visit a driver license office via our online services website, mydmv.colorado.gov. This service allows you to start an application for a Colorado driver license, ID or instruction permit online.
During the pre-registration process you will be asked for:
- Your basic information (name, date of birth, address, sex, hair color, etc.).
- Your citizenship status.
- Which documents you are planning on bringing to the DMV to meet identification requirements.
- Which documents you are planning on bringing to the DMV to meet Social Security/ITIN requirements.
- Which documents you are planning on bringing to the DMV to meet residency requirements.
- An email address for your confirmation.
After you complete the pre-registration process:
- You will receive a confirmation that will list the exact documents you need to bring to the driver license office to get your driver license or instruction permit, along with the fees you can expect to pay.
- Print or retain the email confirmation electronically and bring it, along with the specified documents, with you when you visit the driver license office.
- The driver license technician will scan the barcode on the confirmation, which will pre-populate the information you entered into the system.