CO-RCSA SB251 Driver Licenses and IDs
Colorado Road and Community Safety Act (CO-RCSA SB13-251)
Senate Bill 13-251, The Colorado Road and Community Safety Act, authorizes the issuance of a Colorado driver license, instruction permit or identification card to those individuals who either cannot demonstrate lawful presence in the U.S. or can only demonstrate temporary lawful presence in the U.S.
For Those Unable to Demonstrate Lawful Presence in the U.S.
- Appointments are required.
- To schedule an appointment, please click here and choose the yellow box at the top left of the page that says "CO-RCSA (SB 251)" or call 303-205-2335.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to 90 days out.
- New appointments are released at 8 a.m., noon, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. each business day.
For Those Able to Demonstrate Temporary Lawful Presence in the U.S.
- You may apply at any state driver license office.
- An appointment is only required for the driving test.
- You can make an appointment (use gray boxes) via our appointment scheduling website at the offices that have scheduling capabilities or call 303-205-5901 to schedule a driving test.
- Westgate - 3265 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Lakewood – 78 first time applicant appointments and 15 renewal appointments per day.
- Grand Junction - 222 S. 6th St., #111, Grand Junction – 26 first time applicant appointments and 5 renewal appointments per day.
- Colorado Springs - 2447 N. Union Blvd., Colorado Springs – 26 first time applicant appointments and 5 renewal appointments per day.
- Aurora - 14391 E. 4th Ave., Aurora - 52 renewal only appointments per day.
- Please see question 48 on the frequently asked questions document (Español) for renewal instructions.
- Renewal only appointments at the Aurora office may be made only by calling 303-205-2335.
- Colorado Road and Community Safety Act presentation
- Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Card Images
- Senate Bill 13-251
- Process for Individuals Who Translate Documents
- Appointment availability notification
- Request for Copy of Tax Returns
- Request for Copy of Tax Returns Instructions
- Affidavit of Residency
- Affidavit of Residency Under 18
- Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship
- Affidavit of Identity
- Drive Time Log Sheet
- Driver License Overview
- ID Matrix - US Citizen
- ID Matrix NLP-TLP
- ID Requirement steps
- Driver Handbook
Información en Español
- Diagrama de Flujo
- Hoja de Datos
- Preguntas Frequentes
- Hoja informativa: Bil 16-1415 implementación
- Instrucciones Para Solicitar Copia de Declaracion de Impuestos
- Declaracción Jurada de Residencia
- Declaración Jurada de Residencia de un Menor de 18 Años de Edad
- Declaración Jurada de Identidad
- Hoja de Registro del Tiempo de Conducción
- Vision General de Licencia de Conducir
- Manual de Conductor
- Rules for Application for a Colorado Road and Community Safety Act Identification Document 42-2-501 C.R.S.
- Rules for the Application for a Driver License or Identification Card for U.S. Citizens and Individuals Who Can Demonstrate Permanent Lawful Presence and Residency Status
- Rules for Exceptions Processing