Lost/Stolen Driver License, Permit or ID Card
Duplicate licenses may be issued to minors under 21 years of age and CDL holders (the expiration date will not change). Please see our fee page for duplicate license fees.
Colorado statute does not permit adults over 21 years of age to purchase a duplicate driver license. Adults who need to replace their license must apply for a renewal. The expiration date will change upon renewal and any previously issued license will no longer be valid.
- Check your online renewal eligibility
- Check your renew by mail eligibility
- Schedule an appointment - you may also visit any driver license office during normal business hours without an appointment
If visiting a driver license office to replace your license, permit or ID, be prepared to:
- Verbally provide your name and date of birth
- Proof of your Social Security number (can be verbally provided if lost/stolen)
- Proof of current physical Colorado address documents (can be verbally provided if lost/stolen and no change of address is needed)
For those outside of Colorado needing to replace a lost or stolen driver license, instruction permit or identification card:
If you have a regular license, you may apply for a reissue while out of state. Complete form DR2989 and follow instructions contained on the form.
For additional information, call 303-205-5694