Lost/Stolen Driver License, Permit or ID Card

Individuals over the age of 21 must renew their driver license if it is lost or stolen.


Check your online renewal eligibility. Please note that when you renew your driver license or identification card online, your printed receipt and the old/expired credential will serve as your temporary credential. You will not be issued the same temporary credential that is issued to those who visit a driver license office in person.

By Mail

Check your renew by mail eligibility

In an office

Schedule an appointment - you may visit any driver license office during normal business hours with an appointment
Be prepared to provide:
​*if no acceptable identification documents are available, issuance may be able to be completed with verbal verification of customer data and a fingerprint match.