Individuals over the age of 65
- May not renew their driver license online (C.R.S. 42-2-118 (1.5) (a) (I)).
- May renew their driver license in an office.
- May renew-by-mail every other renewal cycle (licenses or ID cards that were valid for 10 years are not eligible to renew by mail)
- First time applicants or those wishing to step down from a driver license to an identification card must visit an office.
- Individuals over the age of 60 wishing to obtain an identification card in lieu of a driver license may do so at no charge.
- Individuals over the age of 65 may renew their identification card at an office or by mail or online every time.