- You must provide identification documents to prove full legal name, date of birth, identity and lawful presence in the United States
- You must provide proof of your Social Security number
- You must provide proof of your current Colorado address
Renew your ID card:
Reduce your wait time and schedule an appointment online.
- Check eligibility to renew online. Please note that when you renew your driver license or identification card online, your printed receipt and the old/expired credential will serve as your temporary credential. You will not be issued the same temporary credential that is issued to those who visit a driver license office in person.
- Check eligibility to renew by mail
- 0 - 21 years of age: must visit an office to renew or replace ID card
- Turning 21 years of age: must visit an office on or after 21st birthday to renew
- 21 or older: may either visit an office or renew online/by mail up to two times in a row
*If you are 60 years of age or older there is no charge for a Colorado State ID. This does not apply for a driver license. Regular fees apply for a Colorado Driver License.