Phased Reopening Plan for DMV
Please complete the following steps before scheduling any appointment
Visit mydmv.colorado.gov to determine if you are eligible to complete your transaction using online services before scheduling an appointment.
At all locations, customers will be required to wear face masks and will be screened with a laser thermometer for fevers, and must answer a COVID-19 questionnaire. Customers who have fevers or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed into state offices. Customers should not bring guests because guests will not be allowed into any driver license office while social distancing is in place. If a guest is essential such as a caregiver or translator, customers must specify that a guest is needed when making an appointment.
For more information, please check out our Phased Reopening Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Driver License Services
*Individual customers needing motor vehicle titles, or vehicle registrations or renewals should contact their county motor vehicle office. We cannot schedule appointments in our driver license offices for these services.
All state Driver License Offices, except for Trinidad, have now reopened for appointments only. Customers can schedule appointments by using our online scheduler, calling 720-295-2965; or 303-205-2335 for CO-RCSA services. The DMV will only be able to serve customers with appointments and will not be able to accommodate walk-in customers. This is so the DMV may serve customers more efficiently by prioritizing appointments for services that can only be performed in-office.
During this time, we will be scheduling customers who are unable to use online services and must visit an office. These services include:
- Initial issuance of driver licenses, identification cards and instruction permits
- Some driver license or identification card renewal customers who are ineligible to renew online
- Instruction permit holders who need to take the written test (please note that the DMV will not be conducting drive tests at this time. Customers needing drive tests should reach out to a driving school for testing).
- Instruction permit holders who are ready to upgrade to a driver license
- Coloradans needing CO-RCSA services please call 303-205-2335
- Coloradans seeking a state-issued driver license or ID card for the first time, including those transferring a credential from another state or country (first-time applicants are encouraged to start the process on myDMV.Colorado.gov to shorten the duration of the visit)
Please note that apointments made prior to May 4 are no longer valid.
Vehicles Services Section is now serving IRP customers and allowing for Dealer Title drop off/pick up; both by appointment only at this time. All other services will continue to be online or via mail only at this time (though we are working on bringing other services to appointments as well).
- IRP Customers: Appointments are available for new originals, or renewals and supplements; please select the appropriate transaction when scheduling (if a time is not available, please check back later as we will continue to add appointments). Please fax any documentation you have for your appointment a minimum of 1 business day prior to your appointment to 303-205-5981 to ensure your transaction can be processed. If all required documentation is not provided or accurate, this could result in having to reschedule your appointment if the transaction cannot be completed during your scheduled time.
- To schedule an appointment, click here and select the appropriate IRP transaction box
- Dealers: Appointments are available for dealer resale title drop off ONLY; you MUST have an appointment to drop off dealer resale titles. Once your titles are ready, you will be contacted to schedule a pickup appointment. You may continue to mail them in as well, for mailing info please visit our Contact Us page.
- To schedule an appointment, click here and select "Dealer Title Drop Off"
Please note, we cannot perform county transactions; please contact your county for more information.