Social Media & Website Guidelines
While DHSEM allows for comments and postings, DHSEM imposes limits on comments and postings. DHSEM intends this limited forum to be family friendly, so please make your comments and posts consistent with that standard. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here. If you don't comply, your message will be removed.
- We do not allow comments that we judge to be obscene, abusive, hateful, defamatory or which invade or violate the privacy rights of others;
- You should continue the theme of the blog/posting and remain “on topic”;
- We do not allow promotional postings, solicitations, links or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or nonprofit nongovernmental entity or agency.
- We do not allow comments that promote violence or the violation of any federal, state, or local law, regulation or ordinance;
- We do not allow the posting of any link or application that would damage or harm anyone’s computer or software;
- We urge all comments to be original opinions of the poster and we do not allow comments that violate copyrights or registered trademarks or are unrelated to the topic of a discussion.
- vulgar language;
- personal attacks of any kind;
- offensive comments that target or disparage any civic, ethnic, racial, or religious group
- do not show consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others – i.e. don’t pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates.
- advocate illegal activity or violence;
- promote particular services, products, or political organizations;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
Individuals participate at their own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. Also, the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute endorsement on behalf of DHSEM.
This is an official government agency page, therefore, all comments and posts to the page may be included in any open records requests recieved by DHSEM.
Contact Micki Trost, Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Strategic Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) with any questions.