DHSEM Status Report on HMGP Funded Acquisitions of Landslide Impacted Properties in Colorado Springs
Status report update for May 22, 2017
At this time the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) is awaiting a formal project determination from FEMA. Below is a recap of completed actions to date.
- City of Colorado Springs submitted its application for Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) funding
- DHSEM reviewed and provided feedback to the City of Colorado Springs HMGP Property Acquisition project application
- DHSEM submitted application on behalf of the City to FEMA Region VIII for review
- DHSEM assisted the City with its response to FEMA's Request for Information (RFI) as it related to FEMA Region VIII's application review
- DHSEM provided FEMA Region VIII a project funding analysis as required to identify available grant funding for property acquisitions
- DHSEM released the Acquisition Implementation Guidance Handbook
- DHSEM has drafted Grant Agreement to be executed upon awarding of funding
- If project funding is awarded by FEMA, DHSEM will enter into a grant agreement with the City of Colorado Springs, this grant agreement will outline the terms and stipulations under which the State and the City will operate regarding this project while work remains ongoing (in addition to the Acquisition Implementation Guidance Handbook). As stated above, this agreement has been drafted and will be ready for execution upon FEMA's award of funding.
- Upon the execution of the grant agreement, the City may undertake the acquisition implementation process as outlined within the Acquisition Implementation Guidance Handbook.
Please note that next Monday, May 29, 2017 is a state holiday in observation of Memorial Day. There will not be an update posted on Monday.