DHSEM Status Report on HMGP Funded Acquisitions of Landslide Impacted Properties in Colorado Springs
The DHSEM Mitigation and Recovery staff will post an update on the status of the HMGP funded acquisitions of landslide impacted properties in Colorado Springs each Monday at 5 p.m. This is the information for Monday, March 20, 2017.
- DHSEM has received approval of the Administrative Plan for HMGP DR-4229-CO from FEMA.
- On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 DHSEM submitted the Funding Plan to FEMA for the project using monies available from HMGP DR-4229-CO and HMGP-4145-CO. FEMA is reviewing this plan and will either request additional information or approve the proposal.
- DHSEM requested an initial federal award of $3.6 million under HMGP DR-4145-CO and $2.4 million under HMGP DR-4229-CO.
- Upon approval of the Funding Plan, DHSEM expects a formal letter from FEMA identifying the project award.
- DHSEM is currently drafting two State Grant Agreements (one for each HMGP grant) that will be transmitted to the City of Colorado Springs as soon as DHSEM receives the formal award from FEMA.