Community Education and Preparedness
The Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management is committed to providing preparedness messages and programs to the state. These messages can be found by visiting the social media platforms sources managed by the Division.
Social Media Platforms
- COEmergency.com provides updates on disaster or incident information and events that the Office of Emergency Management is monitoring.
- @COEmergency on Twitter.
- COEmergency on Facebook.
- READYColorado.com for citizen preparedness programs and messaging.
- READYColorado on Youtube
Public Information Officer Support to Local Agencies
The Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Public Information Officer is available to share lessons learned, lead workshops related to social media, mapping and basic public information tips. This includes instructing the following free courses:
- G290 Basic Public Information Officer Course
- G291 Joint Information System/Joint Information Center Course
- Virtual Operations Support Team (VOST) Course
To request a workshop or to participate in a community public information officer meeting contact Micki Trost. To request a G290 Basic Public Information Officer or G291 JIS/JIC Course contact the State Training Officer or view upcoming courses on the Training Announcements page.
Public Information Officer Documents and Policies
- Colorado DHSEM Joint Information System/Joint Information Center Standard Operating Procedure
- Emergency Support Function (ESF) - 15 Public Affairs Annex to State Emergency Operations Plan