Course Coordination Process
This process outlines the steps for requesting a course for local delivery through the DHSEM Training and Exercise (T&E) Program.
- A Course Coordination Request Form must be completed for all courses and submitted to the regional training and exercise specialist. Please submit the form 90 days prior to the date of the course being held.
- A Course Justification Form may be requested if the course is not in either the county’s or the all-hazard region’s Training & Exercise Plan (TEP). This form should be attached to the Course Coordination Request Form.
Regional Training and Exercise Specialist Role
- Once the form(s) are received, the specialist will contact the local course manager to complete course coordination.
- The course will be created in CO.Train, a DHSEM flyer will be created to advertise the course, and the course will be added to the DHSEM training and exercise calendar.
- Prior to course delivery, the specialist will send out an electronic link to course attendees to access student manuals and/or any additional course information.
- The course roster and evaluations will be sent to the local course manager piror to course delivery.
Local Course Manager Role
- Ensure the classroom is suitable for the course they are hosting. For example, the room holds the appropriate capacity and is equipped with audio/visual and Wi-Fi capabilities.
- It is at the local course manager discretion should they want to provide any hospitality, such as beverages and/or food.
- Upon course completion, the local course manager is responsible to submit all rosters (for each day the course is held) and course evaluations to the regional training and exercise specialist. the training and exercise specialist will notify you if any additional documentation is needed.
- Ensure they are properly equipped to deliver the course.
- If the instructor requires any additional course support or materials, this must be coordinated with the local course manager, and/or the regional training and exercise specialist at least 30 days prior to the course.