Chief of Staff Organization Chart
The Chief of Staff (COS) is responsible for general administrative management of the Division. This includes reviewing, updating and developing policies and procedures, leading strategic initiatives, projects, staff development and engagement and the Division’s strategic planning. In addition, the COS Office is responsible for internal and external communications and stakeholder outreach and education. Sections within the Chief of Staff’s Office support all other Division offices, sections and units.
Strategic Policy Section
This section is responsible for the development, update and maintenance of the Division’s policy and procedures related to organizational management including the (DHSEM) Strategic Plan and related performance metrics, other strategic and cross divisional project, policy, rules and procedures, policy support for the Homeland Security and All-Hazards Committee (HSAC) and internal staff professional and career development.
- HR/Policy Unit: The HR/Policy Unit is the main liaison between the Division and Colorado Department of Public Safety (CDPS) Human Resources and coordinates policy and procedure and rule development for the Division.
- Professional Development Unit: The Professional Development Unit is responsible for internal staff development through training, professional development and career pathing and is the administrator of the Division’s distance management learning system (SABA).
Support Services Section
This section is responsible for fleet, equipment inventory including cell phones, computers and other telecommunications equipment; and general logistical support for the Division.
Strategic Communications and Outreach Section
This section is responsible for communications with external stakeholders, media and public. Supports the Division’s four websites (DHSEM, MARS, COBEOC, COEmergency), multiple social media channels and digital platforms. Provides support to local and state PIOs. This section is also responsible for internal communications, marketing and supporting critical partnerships. The section is responsible for support to the Division’s Strategic Policy Section, Colorado Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (COVOAD), Colorado Business Emergency Operations Center (COBEOC), the Colorado Preparedness Advisory Council (CPAC) and Colorado Emergency Preparedness Partnership (CEPP). Section Director acts as the lead PIO for all State EOC activations/activities.
- Communications Support Unit: This unit provides internal communications and marketing/ graphic design support to the Division and is the policy support for the Homeland Security and All Hazards Advisory Committee (HSAC). This section supports the DHSEM intranet, employee newsletters and information sharing, staff meetings and other branding and marketing Division needs.
- Partnership Outreach and Support Unit: This unit is responsible for the outreach, education and support of private and nonprofit stakeholders. This includes enhancing partnerships with volunteer and private organizations before, during and after a disaster. Additionally, the team supports the Colorado Preparedness Advisory Council (CPAC) and Access and Functional Needs (AFN) integration. During a disaster, this unit serves the Individual Assistance Officer in the Recovery Task Force. The unit will support the Human Services Branch during State EOC activations or large incident support requests.
- Private Sector Liaison
- Supports the Colorado Emergency Preparedness Partnership
- Supports the Colorado Preparedness Coalition
- Supports the Private Sector and AFN Subcommittee of the Homeland Security and All Hazards Committee (HSAC)
- Manages Colorado Business Emergency Operations Center (COBEOC)
- Voluntary Agency Liaison
- State Volunteer Agency Liaison
- Supports Volunteer and Donations Management
- Supports Colorado Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (COVOAD)
- Supports HelpColoradoNow website.
- Private Sector Liaison
Chief of Staff Office Organizational Chart
View or download the Director's Office Organizational Chart.